Starwood Associates Celebrated The Grand Opening Of Element Vaughan Southwest In Greater Toronto With A Series Of Pedal-powered Events, Including Lighting The Hotel's Exterior Signage And A Virtual Ribbon Cutting. (Photo: Business Wire)
In an event that culminated in a pedal-powered “spin” on traditional ribbon-cuttings, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) celebrated the grand opening yesterday of the Element Vaughan Southwest. The Toronto-area hotel represents the international debut of Element® Hotels, Starwood’s eco-wise brand, which has gained a growing and loyal following, and is redefining the extended-stay market.
Built green from the ground up, Element Vaughan Southwest is a trailblazing 152-room hotel in Vaughan, Ontario, just outside Toronto. Its opening marks the beginning of a global expansion that will see the Element brand add to its global portfolio and enter key European and Asian markets over the next few years. These include new Element hotels in Vancouver and Frankfurt, slated to open in 2014; Suzhou, China in 2015; and Calgary in 2016.
The grand opening ceremony, attended by local dignitaries and invited guests, included remarks by Vaughan’s mayor, Maurizio Bevilacqua; Starwood executive Paige Francis, Vice President, Global Brand Management, Specialty Select Brands; John Caneco, General Manager of Element Vaughan Southwest; and Joseph Sgro, General Manager and Partner of ZZEN Group of Companies.
“We are thrilled to bring the Element Brand to Vaughan,” said Francis. “As Starwood’s latest brand innovation, Element made history in 2008 as the only major hotel brand to mandate that all hotels pursue LEED certification for high-performance buildings brand-wide. With a thriving business community just minutes from the airport and convenient to downtown Toronto, Vaughan is the perfect choice to take the Element concept global.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV