- IBM Edge Analytics connects people with contextual information. Once a user has opted in for the service, the tool cross-references the user's location with the user's activity to provide useful insights. As users conduct daily transactions, such as buying airline tickets or shopping at the mall, the system sends relevant promotions by email and mobile alerts, per the user's preferences. An early adopter of the technology, IndusInd Bank in India, has embedded IBM Edge Analytics within its customer channels, such as Internet Banking, ATM, SMS Alerts, Phone Banking and Branch Offices. In addition to helping the bank better understand its own customers, the technology is helping it reach non-customers.
- Vibes is an enterprise software solution to help CMOs target consumers and communities that care about and participate in their industry. Individuals are identified by analyzing their interaction on social networks, and then cross-referenced with their purchase history with the company, or information about their interests based on other social networking activity. For example, a retailer can research past purchases of its Facebook fans to better determine what special offers to make to them. Several leading telecommunications providers in India are currently piloting Vibes to identify the right set of candidates for promoting specific products to increase penetration.
- Social Media Event Tracker Tool (SMETT) leverages natural language processing, text mining technology and advanced analytics to comb through millions of public social network messages to derive meaningful insights. The tool was used recently by ABS CBN, a television news network in the Philippines, to analyze Twitter chatter in both English and the local language (Tagalog) about candidates in the country's recent mid-term Senatorial elections. ABS CBN used the analysis, which filtered to them in near real-time, to generate new articles for their website as part of their election coverage. Retailers are also turning to SMETT to find out what people think about their products. The tool's ability to quickly derive insight about numerous related topics in any language could help a retailer find out why a product is popular or improve its online customer service.
IBM Customer Experience Lab Unveils New Social, Mobile And Big Data Innovations To Help C-Suite Leaders
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts