LONDON, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) is unveiling a new technology that improves forward looking infrared (FLIR) sensors used by warfighters in the battlespace. Multispectral Reflective Lightweight Optics Technology (MeRLOT™) metal mirror development improves the accuracy, weight and cost of FLIR systems on multiple platforms.
"Raytheon is at the forefront of an exciting new development in diamond point-turning electro-optical mirrors used in FLIR sensors," said Jeff Miller, vice president of Combat and Sensing Systems for Raytheon Missile Systems. "With this technology, we're giving the solider in the field a better FLIR by lightening and improving the performance of handheld and crew-served systems for precision targeting and surveillance operations."
Raytheon's FLIR sensors provide U.S. and international allied military forces with increased situational awareness, giving warfighters the ability to see in the dark and conduct operations in any kind of weather or battlefield obscurant conditions, no matter the time of day.
About Multispectral Reflective Lightweight Optics TechnologyRaytheon is one of the largest suppliers of custom engineered optical components. MeRLOT technology is a new method of integrated optical and opto-mechanical design that leverages a new blank material.
- Creates a high-performance, lightweight, low-cost reflective optical system.
- Replaces traditional heavier aluminum-based systems.
- Improves daytime imaging and laser ranging, and enhances night vision performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV