GLASTONBURY, Conn., Sept. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- William H.W. Crawford, IV, President and Chief Executive Officer of Rockville Bank and Rockville Financial, Inc. (Nasdaq:RCKB), today announced the Company's plans to open a full-service banking branch in North Haven, Conn., making it the second retail branch location Rockville Bank plans to open in Greater New Haven in the coming months.
Rockville's application for a branch at 117 Washington Avenue in North Haven has been approved by the FDIC and the Connecticut Department of Banking. Bank officials expect to open this two-story, approximately 5,000 square foot branch in the third quarter of 2014. In July, Crawford already announced plans to open a nearly 2,000 square foot, full-service retail banking branch at 2290 Whitney Avenue in Hamden, Conn., later this year.
Establishing a strong retail banking presence in this part of the state is an important pillar of Rockville Bank's overall growth strategy that now extends along the I-91 corridor from New Haven to Glastonbury and Hartford.Like Hamden, the North Haven branch will be a full-service banking location, providing retail and commercial deposit and loan products, investment advisory services, mortgage loan origination, small business products and night deposit services. In addition, this branch will have a drive-thru teller and an ATM. "New Haven County is a unique opportunity that fits very well with our community bank strategy and our goal to become the best option to serve the area's community banking needs," said Crawford. "Both our North Haven and Hamden offices will have familiar faces working there who have close personal and professional ties to the area and have built a strong banking reputation among their customers and the community. That's genuine community banking and that's what Rockville Bank is bringing to Hamden and now North Haven."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV