SEATTLE, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zillow, Inc. (NASDAQ: Z), the largest U.S. real estate and home-related marketplace, today launched a new schools search tool that allows home shoppers to search by boundaries i and quality of schools – elementary through high school, public and private – in their desired area. Zillow® is the first and only home shopping resource where shoppers can combine school types all in one search.
The schools search tool is integrated into the Zillow online and mobile iOS home shopping experience. While most school searches allow home shoppers to look at homes within the boundaries of one school, Zillow's search experience lets families search by multiple boundaries, and filter by school ratings. School ratings and reviews content is provided by GreatSchools, the nation's leading online guide to PreK-12 schools.
"Two of the most important things home buyers tell us they look for in a new home is affordability within their price range, and quality of schools for their children – often with specific schools in mind," said Amy Bohutinsky, Zillow chief marketing officer. "Zillow's new schools search tool has made it tremendously easier to customize a Web or mobile home search based on a family's unique needs. Up until now that search proved to be daunting, especially if they had children in different grades and often, different schools. Now, whether the shopper has one kid in high school and one in junior high, or just wants to ensure their young children will go to the right schools as they grow, Zillow can empower them to find their perfect home."
To use the tool, Zillow users simply click the graduation cap icon on the map, and elect to search by elementary, middle or high school boundary – or any combination of the three. Users can also narrow their search by GreatSchools rating, and choose to search public schools, private schools and/or charter schools.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV