LONDON, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) and Falck Schmidt Defence Systems are debuting a remotely operated, mast-mounted, long-range reconnaissance and surveillance (LRRS) forward looking infrared (FLIR) system. The new system, displayed at the DSEI trade show, provides greater situational awareness while enhancing soldier safety by allowing the operator to stay under cover.
"Raytheon's FLIR sensor allows warfighters to detect targets outside the direct-fire range, 24 hours a day, so they can identify and locate targets before they become threats," said Jeff Miller, vice president of Combat and Sensing Systems for Raytheon Missile Systems.
LRRS sensors can be integrated on wheeled or armored combat vehicles and towers."We have already demonstrated this system to the Danish land forces, and we plan to introduce it soon in the U.S. at the AUSA trade show," said Steen Garnaes, chief sales officer for Falck Schmidt Defence Systems. "Retrofitting and integrating the latest technologies on armored vehicles improves their performance and increases soldier survivability." About LRRSLRRS sensors provide U.S. and international allied military forces with increased situational awareness.
- Warfighters have the ability to see in the dark.
- Operations can be carried out in any kind of weather or battlefield obscurant conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV