Marley Coffee Reports 187% Increase In Quarterly Revenue For Quarter Ended July 31, 2013 Compared To Quarter Ended July 31, 2012 And Significant Increases In Gross Profit And Gross Profit Margins
DENVER, Sept. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Marley Coffee (OTCQB:JAMN), ( www.marleycoffee.com ), the sustainably grown, ethically farmed and artisan-roasted gourmet coffee company, reports financial results for the three and six months ended July 31, 2013 and 2012, including increases in revenue, gross profit and gross profit margins, as well as improvements in net loss for the fiscal second quarter and six months ended July 31, 2013, compared to the fiscal second quarter and six months ended July 31, 2012.
Highlights of the second fiscal quarter and six months include:
- Revenue for the 2014 second fiscal quarter (i.e., the three months ended July 31, 2013) increased 187 percent to $1.6 million vs. $559 thousand compared with fiscal 2Q 2013. For the six-month period ended July 31, 2013, revenue increased 179 percent to $2.4 million compared with $869 thousand in the year-ago six-month period.
- Gross profit increased to $472 thousand in the 2014 second fiscal quarter compared with $67 thousand in the year-ago second fiscal quarter. For the six months ended July 31, 2013, gross profit was $971 thousand compared with $142 thousand in the year-ago six-month period.
- Gross profit margins increased to 29.4 percent in the second quarter of fiscal 2014 from 11.9 percent in the year-ago second fiscal quarter.
- Operating expenses decreased during the second fiscal quarter 2014 to $867 thousand from $1.0 million in the year-ago second fiscal quarter, and to $1.7 million for the six months ended July 31, 2013 from $2.0 million in the year-ago six-month period.
- Net loss decreased to $715 thousand, or $0.01 per share for the second fiscal quarter of 2014, compared with a $986 thousand net loss, or $0.01 per share, in the year-ago second fiscal quarter. For the six-month period ended July 31, 2013, net loss was $1.1 million, or $0.01 per share compared with $1.9 million or $0.02 per share in the year-ago six-month period.
- Increased retailer penetration to 7,500 locations as of July 31, 2013, compared with 500 locations at the end of the second quarter last year.
- Generated distribution with several leading supermarket chains and retail outlets including Kroger, Safeway, Shaw's, Star Market, Winn-Dixie/ BI-LO, Market Basket and Best Buy/Future Shop of Canada.
- Freed up more than $3.7 million in two tranches through Ironridge Global IV, Ltd. for the settlement of trade payables and to help finance Marley Coffee's rollout to national and regional chains.
- Acquired Black Rock Beverage Services, expanding the company's business into the office coffee and food service markets.
- Moved corporate headquarters to Denver.
"We are extremely pleased with the traction that Marley Coffee has made in the marketplace and the improved brand awareness that has increased our footprint with some of the largest and most successful retail grocery chains and consumer electronics chains in North America," said Rohan Marley, founder and Chairman, who continued, "Our goal is to continue to increase our distribution network in both domestic and international markets, introduce innovative new products and increase the number of SKUs carried by our customers throughout this fiscal year and into fiscal 2015.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV