SHANGHAI, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ctrip.com International, Ltd. (Nasdaq: CTRP), a leading travel service provider of hotel accommodation, ticketing services, packaged tours and corporate travel management in China, today officially launched a new version of Ctrip's mobile application, "Ctrip Travel 5.0". Following the launch, the company announced that Ctrip's mobile platform contributed to over 40% of total hotel booking transactions at its peak level, which exceeded the respective booking percentages from its websites and call centers. Mobile is becoming the key booking platform for Ctrip.
"We are excited with the new functions introduced to our travelers and pleased with the contribution of mobile transactions to our business," said James Liang, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Ctrip. "The development of mobile technology will reshape the travel industry. By using our mobile applications, customers have easy access to the comprehensive product offerings, industry leading services and competitive prices that Ctrip is renowned for. Our application is a 'one-stop shop' putting our services at the fingertips of travelers wherever they may be."
The Ctrip Travel application provides compelling product choices and user flexibility. Version 5.0 boasts new features and enhances travelers' ability to plan, book and manage their trips. Besides booking hotels, air and train tickets, group tours, local activity tickets and car rental across the world, users are now able to choose dynamic packages with even more competitive prices and service value. The update expands the last-minute deal section and incentivizes booking through mobile-exclusive offers. Meanwhile the popular location based search has been enhanced to facilitate impromptu bookings. Ctrip Travel's "smart itinerary" function enables users to integrate their bookings to a user-friendly agenda, synchronize with their calendars and share with friends.
Ctrip's experience and ability to consolidate a multitude of travel services makes the Company best positioned to capture the opportunities of the mobile travel industry in China. The Company believes that this factor, together with Ctrip's superior service quality and strong branding power, will enable Ctrip to become China's leading mobile travel agency.In China, Ctrip Travel is the most popular mobile application for on-the-go travel. As of June 30, 2013, the application reached over 50 million cumulative downloads. Over 20% of Ctrip's hotel booking transactions and around 15% of air ticketing transactions were booked through the mobile platform in the second quarter of 2013. The mobile contribution to Ctrip's total booking transactions continues to grow significantly. Ctrip Travel App Features "Ctrip Mobile, Anywhere to Everywhere" The Ctrip Travel application provides a "one-stop shop" for travelers to plan, book and manage trips conveniently at their finger-tips. Key Features:
- 280,000 hotels world-wide with guaranteed lowest prices, mobile exclusive rates, group-buy hotels and last-minute deals - at up to 90% discount.
- Domestic and international air tickets at lowest rates across all Ctrip platforms with ticket cancellation support, flight status updates and airport guides.
- Full range of packaged tours: version 5.0 includes dynamic packages with flexible choices of flights and hotels - at up to 50% discount.
- Train tickets, cruise tours, local activities tickets and car rental.
- More coupons for mobile booking of hotels, air tickets and local activity tickets.
- Destination guides featuring over 60,000 destinations, and more than 180,000 reviews and opinions in Chinese - support offline browsing.
- Voice search.
- Location based search.
- Smart itinerary: manage the itinerary, synchronize with calendars and share with friends.
- Take photos, write reviews and share them with just a few taps.
- 24/7 call center support only 1 touch away.
- Support multiple payment methods – all major credit cards, Union Pay, Ali-Pay and more.