Finalists Announced In 13th Annual FORTUNE Battle Of The Corporate Bands
CARLSBAD, Calif., Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Narrowed from a pool of more than 30 applicants, the nation's top eight company-sponsored bands are set to face off in a live competition at the 13 th FORTUNE Battle of the Corporate Bands on Sept. 28, 2013. Event proceeds will benefit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum's educational activities.
Held annually at the Rock Hall in Cleveland, Ohio, the battle of the corporate bands competition showcases the social and economic benefits of recreational music programs within the workplace. In addition to fostering team-building and increased morale, research shows that the positive effects of workplace music programs extend far past the social sphere, improving employee wellness by reducing depression and reversing the human body's response to stress at the DNA level.
Consequently, recreational music programs helps companies save on costs related to employee stress and depression, which are estimated at $34 billion annually — $11 billion for treatment, $11 billion in decreased productivity and $12 billion in absenteeism. Depression affects approximately 19 million people, 70 percent of whom are in the workforce (Braun Consulting News).
FORTUNE Battle of the Corporate Bands is presented through a partnership with FORTUNE magazine and the Rock Hall, and is sponsored by the NAMM Foundation (National Association of Music Merchants), Gibson Guitars, Marshall Fridge and Fender Premium Audio.The 2013 FORTUNE Battle of the Corporate Bands finalists include:
- " Cassius King," Mesirow Financial – Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
- "Class Action," Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin – King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- "Detached Retina," Excella Consulting – Arlington, Virginia
- "OTN Speedwagon," Ciena Corporation – Hanover, Maryland
- "Peripheral Vision," Olympus – Center Valley, Pennsylvania
- "The Telematics," Kiewit Corporation – Valley, Nebraska
- "Toy Box," ePrize – Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
- "Toys 2 Men," Hasbro – Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- Jeff Carlisi - Founding member of .38 Special
- Ricky Byrd - Former member of Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- Liberty Devitto - Drummer for Billy Joel
- Rob Arthur - Keyboards with Peter Frampton
- Antoinette Follet – Editor of Making Music Magazine
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts