SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Sept. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI), a leading provider of software-based video processing and delivery solutions, today announced that the latest version of its software-based Envivio Muse™ On-Demand transcoder, version 3.60, offers high quality and high speed transcoding that reduces costs for operators at various stages in the on-demand workflow.
- Storage: Used in conjunction with the dynamic (just-in-time) packaging capabilities of the Envivio Halo™ network media processor, Muse On-Demand allows operators to use 3-4 times less storage than scenarios where they would need to produce and store multiple final output formats.
- Power: The software-based design of Muse, running on industry-standard Intel appliances or blade servers, can use up to 50% less power than GPU-based encoders occupying the same rack space, with the same volume of assets, processed in the same amount of time.
- CDN: Operators can reduce CDN costs by up to 15% compared to GPU-based architectures, while achieving equivalent video quality.
- Operating expenses: Service providers using Envivio's integrated VidChecker quality control (QC) to automate asset inspection can save resources and time. Also, utilizing Muse On-Demand in a datacenter environment eliminates the need for maintenance of custom hardware.
"Service providers are seeing their content throughput volumes grow exponentially—over 40 billion content streams were delivered to users worldwide in 2012, with that number expected to double within two years and triple within five years. As a result, OPEX metrics such as power consumption, density and throughput are becoming more and more important in evaluation and selection of transcoding solutions," said Avni Rambhia, industry manager for Frost & Sullivan. "Another important consideration is the useful lifetime of a new investment in equipment. While operators have traditionally relied on hardware products for power-efficiency, reliability and cost, software alternatives today offer comparable performance, while also providing future-proof agility through their natural amenability to expansion and upgrades as capacity needs grow and technology changes.""Our unique software approach and in-house codec development provide numerous advantages in terms of flexibility, ease of upgrades, and performance enhancements," said Thomas Fayoux, encoding product manager for Envivio. "Our Muse On-Demand solution further extends our video quality advantage with automated quality checks, offers excellent offline transcoding speed, and supports HEVC today."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV