Best back-to-school car: 2014 Nissan Versa Note
Base price: $13,990
The Versa Note hatchback is one of the least-expensive 2014s on the market, but Nissan (NSANY) still manages to offer a complete redesign and lots of interior space relative to its small exterior dimensions.
"We like the Verna Note's look, and it's very practical inside -- surprisingly roomy with a great tech set," Allan says.Although the base Versa Note comes standard with few electronic devices, higher trim lines offer satellite and Pandora radio, Bluetooth and iPod connectivity and more. Allan says KBB editors particularly like the 360-degree parking camera that's available on top-of-the-line Versa Notes. "It's one of our favorite technologies," he says. On the road, the base Versa Note's standard manual transmission and a 109-horsepower four-cylinder engine offer 27 mpg/city and 36 mpg/highway fuel economy. Higher trim lines come standard with a continuously variable automatic transmission that boosts fuel efficiency to 31 mpg/city and 40 mpg/highway.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV