Second-best back-to-school car: 2014 Ford Focus
Base price: $16,310
Available from Ford (F) as a sedan or hatchback, the Focus combines high-quality interior finishes with good cabin space and lots of available high-tech equipment.
"The Ford Focus is really fun car to drive, and it's stylish inside and out," Allan says.Perhaps the car's most unique feature is its optional Active Park Assist system. Available on the top-of-the-line Focus Titanium, Active Park Assist uses ultrasonic sensors to control steering and help you parallel park perfectly (you still control the gas, brakes and transmission). Higher Focus trim lines also come offer Bluetooth phone connectivity, satellite radio and the Ford Sync voice-activated-command system as standard or optional equipment. Under the hood, the base Focus comes standard with manual transmission and a 160-horsepower four-cylinder engine that produce 26 mpg/city and 36 mpg/highway. Optional automatic transmission will boost that to 27 mpg/city and 38 mpg/highway.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV