Well, getting added to Dow is quite a feather in the cap, Visa. In fact, I bet they have been high-fiving each other over there in San Francisco at Visa headquarters.
Visa is a stock that I currently own in my portfolio as it has the performance that I like, the valuation I require, and a healthy stock chart. You know sometimes they say that becoming a DJIA member is a curse (Cisco and Microsoft haven't done so well since they were added), so, as always, I will continue to monitor Visa's performance, valuation and stock chart via my Best Stocks Now! App.
After all, who knows -- maybe I'll have to get rid of it one day now that it has been added to the DJIA!
Data from Best Stocks Now App At the time of publication the author had a position in V. Follow @billgunderson This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV