Although the panel found that nine contested states did diligently enforce their NPM escrow statutes in 2003, that finding is limited to 2003. Because the MSA reallocates the diligent states’ share of the adjustment amount to non-diligent states, the participating manufacturers will receive the full amount remaining in dispute for 2003 as a result of the panel's decision.
Some states may seek to challenge today’s decision in court. In addition, a number of states have already filed motions in state court challenging the panel’s decision allowing the settlement to proceed and seeking a more favorable judgment reduction method. PM USA can give no assurance whether any such challenges will be resolved in a favorable manner.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV