KBR (NYSE: KBR), a global engineering, construction and services company, announced today that KBR Building Group has been awarded a contract by Ferguson Enterprises to construct a 400,000-square-foot distribution center in Celina, Ohio. The undisclosed contract value will be booked into backlog in KBR’s third quarter of 2013.
Known for its outstanding safety record, KBR Building Group serves advanced manufacturing, commercial/mixed-use, healthcare and institutional clients. It has extensive experience in building manufacturing and distribution facilities.
Construction of the new distribution center will allow Ferguson, the nation’s largest wholesale distributor of plumbing supplies and pipe, valves and fittings, to better serve its customers. The new facility will operate with a paperless inventory system, replenishing inventory to the company’s branch warehouses. In addition to servicing these wholesale purchase points for contractors, the Ohio location will support the company’s 10 other regional distribution centers in the United States.
“KBR is excited to showcase our construction and design-assist capabilities for this new distribution center that allows Ferguson to improve efficiency and deliver inventory to its customers more quickly,” said Phil Southerland, President, KBR Building Group. “KBR previously built a regional distribution center for Ferguson in Waterloo, Iowa, and appreciates the repeat business.”KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, power, industrial, civil infrastructure, minerals, government services and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV