ADVISORY, Sept. 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- "After a selloff that began in mid-August, the market seems to have found its footing in September," said Dave Gedeon, Managing Director, NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes. "The lack of a U.S. strike on Syria, some comfort with Fed tapering and recent Chinese export data have all contributed to recent market strength. In addition, crude oil continues to rise on supply data and the situation in the Middle East."
|TOP INDEX MOVERS|
|LAST 5 TRADING DAYS (+/-)|
|EQUITY INDEXES:||9/04 - 9/10|
|NASDAQ EM EUROPE INDEX (NQEMEU)||+6.9%|
|PHLX SEMICONDUCTOR INDEX (SOX)||+6.3%|
|NASDAQ EMERGING MARKETS INDEX (NQEM)||+5.7%|
|PHLX HOUSING SECTOR INDEX (HGX)||+5.3%|
|NASDAQ INTERNET INDEX (QNET)||+4.8%|
|COMMODITY INDEXES:||9/04 - 9/10|
|PHLX GOLD/SILVER SECTOR INDEX (XAU)||-5.9%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY SILVER INDEX ER (NQCISIER)||-5.8%|
|PHLX OIL SERVICE SECTOR INDEX (OSX)||+5.4%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY LEAN HOGS INDEX ER (NQCILHER)||+3.5%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY GOLD INDEX ER (NQCIGCER)||-3.4%|
OTHER NOTABLE INDEX DEVELOPMENTS
- The PHLX Semiconductor Index (SOX ) rose 6.3% on the strong price performance of a number of U.S. stocks. Cyclical stocks led the week-over-week rally.
- Gold and silver weakened as the safe haven trade faded a bit on the delay of action in Syria. The PHLX Gold/Silver Sector Index (XAU), which tracks companies involved in the gold or silver mining industry, dropped 5.9% over the most recent 5-day period.
- Finally, cyclical pockets of the U.S. economy have led the recent rally. After being under pressure since the end of July, the PHLX Housing Sector Index (HGX) rose 5.3%.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACTS: Nick Lawler Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5613 email@example.com Nora Sabry Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5468 firstname.lastname@example.org Wayne Lee NASDAQ OMX (301) 978-4875 Wayne.email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV