WPZ, WLK And AGU, 3 Chemicals Stocks Pushing The Industry Lower
2. As of noon trading, Westlake Chemical Corporation ( WLK) is down $4.50 (-4.2%) to $102.32 on heavy volume. Thus far, 705,554 shares of Westlake Chemical Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 411,000 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $101.14-$105.32 after having opened the day at $104.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $106.82. Westlake Chemical Corporation manufactures and markets basic chemicals, vinyls, polymers, and fabricated building products. It operates in two segments, Olefins and Vinyls. Westlake Chemical Corporation has a market cap of $7.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 34.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Westlake Chemical Corporation a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Westlake Chemical Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Westlake Chemical Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts