Miss. Gets $356K Labor Dept. Grant
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) â¿¿ The state of Mississippi is receiving of $356,271 from the U.S. Department of Labor to unemployed residents start their own businesses.
The program offers training and services to unemployment insurance-eligible individuals.
The Labor Department says in a news release that the purpose of the grant is to help jobless Mississippians create their own jobs and eventually start hiring employees of their own.
Mississippi will use the money to develop, implement and administer a permanent self-employment assistance program for individuals who are eligible for regular state unemployment insurance. The state will partner with businesses, nonprofits and government organizations to establish and launch the program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV