2. As of noon trading, Occidental Petroleum Corporation ( OXY) is up $0.78 (0.9%) to $90.44 on light volume. Thus far, 922,089 shares of Occidental Petroleum Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $89.54-$90.49 after having opened the day at $89.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.66. Oxy's U.S. operations are organized in several regions. The largest of these is in the Permian Basin of southwest Texas and southeast New Mexico, where Oxy is the No. 1 oil producer. Occidental Petroleum Corporation has a market cap of $72.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 17.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Occidental Petroleum Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Occidental Petroleum Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Occidental Petroleum Corporation Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts