4. As of noon trading, Linn Energy ( LINE) is up $2.60 (10.5%) to $27.34 on heavy volume. Thus far, 4.7 million shares of Linn Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $25.26-$27.39 after having opened the day at $25.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.74. Linn Energy, LLC, an independent oil and natural gas company, engages in the acquisition and development of oil and natural gas properties. Linn Energy has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 29.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Linn Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Linn Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full Linn Energy Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts