Hortonworks, the leading contributor to and provider of Apache™ Hadoop®, today announced it has signed a reseller agreement with SAP (NYSE:SAP). The agreement enables SAP to resell Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), the industry’s only 100-percent open source data platform powered by Apache Hadoop. It will allow users of SAP® software with a simple way to incorporate Hadoop as a complementary component of their data architectures to enable a broad range of new applications as well as enrich existing ones with additional data sources.
Built and packaged by the core architects of Apache Hadoop, HDP includes the necessary components to help refine and explore new data sources, and find new business insights. It is increasingly becoming a core component of enterprise data management systems as it allows organizations to cost-effectively capture, process and share data in any format and at any scale.
“SAP is an enterprise software leader, and we’re excited to be working together,” said Shaun Connolly, vice president of corporate strategy, Hortonworks. “Through this reseller agreement, we look forward to working closely with SAP to assist its customers and partners to adopt Hadoop as a complementary component of their data architectures.”“SAP is very pleased to extend our relationship with Hortonworks through this reseller agreement,” said Irfan Khan, senior vice president and general manager, SAP Big Data. “Hortonworks’ commitment to helping enable our SAP HANA platform to interoperate with Hadoop while contributing all of their work into the open source projects at the Apache Software Foundation makes Hortonworks a logical choice. And with Hadoop, SAP HANA, as well as the analytic and application solutions from SAP, we expect that our customers will be able to reap the benefits of instant results together with infinite storage to improve business performance.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV