One final name with some decent insider buying is Apache (APA), which is an independent energy company that explores, develops and produces natural gas, crude oil and natural gas liquids. Insiders are buying this stock into modest strength, since shares are up sharply by 10.8% so far in 2013.
Apache has a market cap of $33.8 billion and an enterprise value of $46.3 billion. This stock trades at a cheap valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 13.60 and a forward price-to-earnings of 10.94. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -13.8, and for next year it's pegged at -2.4%. This is not a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $184 million and its total debt is $12.78 billion. This stock currently sports a dividend yield of 1%.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. At the time of publication, author had no positions in stocks mentioned. Roberto Pedone, based out of Delafield, Wis., is an independent trader who focuses on technical analysis for small- and large-cap stocks, options, futures, commodities and currencies. Roberto studied international business at the Milwaukee School of Engineering, and he spent a year overseas studying business in Lubeck, Germany. His work has appeared on financial outlets including CNBC.com and Forbes.com . You can follow Pedone on Twitter at www.twitter.com/zerosum24 or @zerosum24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV