One energy player that insiders are buying up a huge amount of stock in here is Kinder Morgan (KMI), which owns interests in an energy transportation and storage company. Insiders are buying this stock into modest strength, since shares are up 2.4% so far in 2013.
Kinder Morgan has a market cap of $37.5 billion and an enterprise value of $71 billion. This stock trades at a premium valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 37.94 and a forward price-to-earnings of 23.03. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 153.1%, and for next year it's pegged at 26.6%. This is not a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $1.02 billion and its total debt is a whopping $35.60 billion. This stock currently sports a dividend yield of 4.2%.
The CEO and chairman of the board just bought 500,000 shares, or about $17.86 million worth of stock, at $35.74 a share.From a technical perspective, KMI is currently trending below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock has been downtrending for the last two months, with shares moving lower from its July high of $40.03 a share to its recent low of $34.82 a share. During that downtrend, shares of KMI have been making mostly lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. If you're bullish on KMI, then I would look for long-biased trades as long as this stock is trending above its 200-day at $36.97, and then once takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at 50-day at $37.80 a share to more resistance at $38.29 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 4.91 million shares. If we get that move soon, then KMI will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $40.03 to $41.06 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV