Trade-Ideas: Forest Laboratories (FRX) Is Today's "Barbarian At The Gate" Stock
- FRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.1 million.
- FRX has traded 594,481 shares today.
- FRX traded in a range 215.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.31.
- FRX traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 35 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 35 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock s movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FRX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FRX: Forest Laboratories, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells branded forms of ethical drug products primarily in the United States and Europe. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Forest Laboratories a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Forest Laboratories has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Forest has a market cap of $11.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.70 and a short float of 1.7% with 3.58 days to cover. Shares are up 23.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Forest Laboratories as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- FRX has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, FRX has a quick ratio of 2.15, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for FOREST LABORATORIES is currently very high, coming in at 85.61%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, FRX's net profit margin of 2.80% significantly trails the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- FOREST LABORATORIES has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FOREST LABORATORIES swung to a loss, reporting -$0.12 versus $3.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.95 versus -$0.12).
- You can view the full Forest Laboratories Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.