Ben Bajarin, director of consumer technology at Creative Strategies, told TheStreet's Debra Borchardt he is most excited about the new fingerprint technology and the new 64-bit architecture. The fingerprint scanning capabilities will address security issues and is a feature that can be used right from the get-go.
He added the the 64-bit system, which was previously a 32-bit, is a tremendous technological upgrade that will likely be used more in the future, as developers start to take advantage of it and more robust hardware surfaces.
Bajarin also said that it was interesting to see the iPhone 5C price higher than many had originally expected. However, Apple doesn't fight for the lowest prices in the market and carriers could still subsidize the product, particularly in China and Europe. He said it's worth noting that the iPhone 5C will be available in the U.S. starting at a subsidized price of $99.The tech giant also made a slew of productivity apps available for free to the consumer, something that could hurt Microsoft (MSFT). He concluded that while businesses still very much rely on Microsoft Office, Apple could draw in new consumers to its iCloud service and ecosystem with the free access to iWork and iLife apps. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV