Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.70%. Regal Entertainment Group, through its subsidiaries, operates as a motion picture exhibitor in the United States. The company develops, acquires, and operates multi-screen theatres primarily in mid-sized metropolitan markets and suburban growth areas of larger metropolitan markets. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.26. The average volume for Regal Entertainment Group has been 879,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Regal Entertainment Group has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the media industry. Shares are up 30.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Regal Entertainment Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 104.06% to $145.70 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.99%.
- REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP increased its bottom line by earning $0.93 versus $0.27 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.1% in earnings ($0.92 versus $0.93).
- The gross profit margin for REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP is rather low; currently it is at 22.66%. Regardless of RGC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.28% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry average. The net income has decreased by 3.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $37.20 million to $36.10 million.
- You can view the full Regal Entertainment Group Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts