Lake Havasu City Celebrates 50th Anniversary With New Branding Campaign
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz., Sept. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arizona's Lake Havasu City, which rose out of the desert 50 years ago this month and is perhaps best known for the iconic London Bridge reassembled there in 1971, has taken another important step in marketing itself. Last night, the Lake Havasu City Council formally approved its first official logo and flag, two important components of the city's first branding campaign.
The new branding initiative, the result of two years of surveys and consumer testing, is designed to attract active residents and visitors who are serious about having fun in a "rare escape born of desert, mountain and the Colorado River." The new full-color logo is rendered in an impressionistic style that symbolizes the southwest Arizona sun, mountains and water, while at the same time also conveying a sense of activity.
Working under the auspices of the Lake Havasu City Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB), a blue ribbon panel of community leaders invested nearly two years in developing the brand, logo, flag and new marketing tagline, "Play Like You Mean It(SM)." They solicited bids from 17 destination branding agencies in the U.S. before selecting North Star Destination Strategies of Nashville, Tenn., to help focus the initiative.Looking to create a brand that would age as gracefully as the London Bridge, the group commissioned a half dozen local focus groups and interviewed more than 25 leading citizens before commissioning and reviewing 18 separate research studies to identify the most important brand ingredients. In the end, four potential logo treatments and two potential taglines were submitted for feedback from more than 20,000 residents and visitors before final brand components were selected.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV