NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- I was talking to Jim Cramer today about events in Syria and what they mean for oil and oil stocks.
The threat of an immediate air strike against Syrian targets is now off the table, so I see an opportunity emerging again in domestic exploration and production companies, an opportunity that I have been highlighting for several months.
But the immediate drop in crude prices has been matched by a concurrent drop in the prices of some of these favored E+P players and is delivering a chance to buy these names when they are "on sale."
Fundamentals will again go to work on the crude trade. With the Seaway pipeline and the Keystone portion between Cushing and the Gulf Coast ready to fill, the West Texas Intermediate crude supply glut will again begin to ease, putting a floor under prices.That will benefit the E+P players who are focused on the Bakken, Eagle Ford and Wolfcamp shale areas and showing good production results. This includes names I have been highlighting all year but continue to work -- names like Anadarko (APC), EOG Resources (EOG), Continental Resources (CLR), Noble Energy (NBL) and Cimarex (XEC). I talk about these and other stocks with Jim in the video above. At the time of publication, Dicker had positions in EOG and XEC. At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Jim Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long APC. Follow @dan_dicker This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV