Tetra Tech Inc. Stock Downgraded (TTEK)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- TTEK's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.22 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, TTEK has a quick ratio of 1.74, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- TTEK, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- TETRA TECH INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TETRA TECH INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.63 versus $1.44 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 58.3% in earnings ($0.68 versus $1.63).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 369.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $29.05 million to -$78.39 million.
- The share price of TETRA TECH INC has not done very well: it is down 11.81% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.