Trade-Ideas: SouFun Holdings (SFUN) Is Today's "Perilous Reversal" Stock
- SFUN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.8 million.
- SFUN has traded 194,011 shares today.
- SFUN is down 3% today.
- SFUN was up 10.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SFUN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SFUN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SFUN: SouFun Holdings Limited operates a real estate Internet portal, and a home furnishing and improvement Website in the People's Republic of China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.1%. SFUN has a PE ratio of 20.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate SouFun Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for SouFun Holdings has been 645,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. SouFun has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 114% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SouFun Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 22.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 48.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 67.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 277.11% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, SOUFUN HLDGS LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.23 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, SFUN has a quick ratio of 0.63, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full SouFun Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.