Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced that it has named Jeffrey W. Macak to the position of Executive Vice President–Supply Chain. Mr. Macak will report to Mike Bloom, President and COO.
“With more than 25 years of wide-ranging operational experience, in both retailing and supply chain, Jeffrey’s background and leadership skills are a perfect complement to our operations and growth initiatives,” said Family Dollar President and COO, Mike Bloom. “In today’s highly competitive retail environment, building an efficient end-to-end supply chain is critical to our success, and we will look to Jeffrey’s extensive expertise to advance our ongoing efforts to improve supply chain efficiencies and drive increased value for our customers.”
For the last 13 years, Mr. Macak has served as Vice President-Global Supply Chain for Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc., where he was responsible for the supply chain, logistics and distribution of goods for the company and its subsidiaries. Previous to that, he served as President-Vantix Logistics for Ameriserve Incorporated (acquired by McLane Company). Mr. Macak also held various positions with The Hechinger Company, a home improvement retailer, and with KPMG Consulting, LLP, and Deloitte-Garr Consulting Group. He began his career as a senior consultant with Manugistics Incorporated. Mr. Macak holds a master’s degree in industrial management from Clarkson University.
About Family DollarBeginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 7,900 stores in 46 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV