Learn how to create an academic video strategy to meet the expectations of the YouTube generation in a free whitepaper by University Business, sponsored by Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted leader for video content management and webcasting solutions.
Register to read “Academic Video at A Tipping Point: Preparing Your Campus for the Future” by industry-recognized author and journalist JD Solomon, editorial director for University Business, at www.sonicfoundry.com/UBwhitepaper. Also, visit www.sonicfoundry.com/UBwebcast to watch his companion webinar, hosted by Sonic Foundry.
Video is the foundation to cutting edge trends including personalized education, flipped instruction and MOOCs. Universities large and small are evaluating how best to harness the power of video to meet student expectations and broaden reach. The whitepaper and webinar explore the tipping point of academic video, the point at which the medium is poised to be as pervasive a learning tool as text. You’ll learn:
- The strategies, tactics and technologies best suited to secure, search, index, archive and stream the video created on campus
- How leading universities have already deployed enterprise-wide video capture and management
- First-person faculty findings on transforming existing courses into interactive personalized learning environments
“Video has been used in education for over half a century, and for good reason. Humans are visual learners, and video is an excellent medium for illustrating processes and systems and depicting places and events far afield from the college campus,” Solomon said. “The massive amounts of video content online — now over 50 percent of all web traffic — proves that when consumers have the ability to easily create video from any device, they do so.”“The attitude toward academic video from faculty members is changing. They’re accepting the shift in pedagogy, seeing it as a tool that enhances learning rather than something that forces them into new ways of teaching,” said Sean Brown, vice president of Sonic Foundry. “Sonic Foundry is proud to partner with University Business to support this study of video in the classroom and its important role in the future.” Trusted by 1,200 colleges and universities, the patented Mediasite webcasting and video content management system quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand videos and rich media.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV