Trade-Ideas: Lithia Motors (LAD) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Lithia Motors (LAD) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Lithia Motors as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LAD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.6 million.
- LAD has traded 312,868 shares today.
- LAD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LAD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LAD NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on LAD: Lithia Motors, Inc. operates as an automotive franchisee and retailer of new and used vehicles in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. LAD has a PE ratio of 19.5. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Lithia Motors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for Lithia Motors has been 332,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Lithia has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 2.33 and a short float of 9.2% with 7.38 days to cover. Shares are up 83.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lithia Motors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LAD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 22.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 27.63% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 133.57% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LAD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- LITHIA MOTORS INC has improved earnings per share by 27.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LITHIA MOTORS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.05 versus $2.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.88 versus $3.05).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 77.21% to -$25.31 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 27.81%.
- You can view the full Lithia Motors Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV