Trade-Ideas: Casey's General Stores (CASY) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Casey's General Stores (CASY) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Casey's General Stores as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CASY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.1 million.
- CASY has traded 285,530 shares today.
- CASY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CASY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CASY NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on CASY: Casey's General Stores, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates convenience stores under the Casey's General Store name in 14 Midwestern states, primarily Iowa, Missouri, and Illinois. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. CASY has a PE ratio of 23.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Casey's General Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.The average volume for Casey's General Stores has been 222,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Casey's General Stores has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.66 and a short float of 3.2% with 8.54 days to cover. Shares are up 29.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Casey's General Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CASY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $91.79 million or 29.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.85%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Food & Staples Retailing industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 0.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $23.07 million to $23.27 million.
- CASEYS GENERAL STORES INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CASEYS GENERAL STORES INC reported lower earnings of $2.86 versus $3.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.50 versus $2.86).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Casey's General Stores Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV