Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK ) announced today that Ed Brassel has joined the company in a new leadership role, Senior Vice President, Business Intelligence, Comcast Cable. With a focus on business intelligence and data analysis, Mr. Brassel will help Comcast to drive overall business growth through the utilization and interpretation of its data assets to inform decision making and strategic planning. He reports to Neil Smit, Chief Executive Officer of Comcast Cable.
“We created this role to take advantage of data assets at Comcast,” said Smit. “Ed brings a deep analytic background to Comcast and understands the industries we lead. Ed and his team will provide a greater understanding of consumer dynamics which will inform our business decisions and help us build more customer-centric products and services.”
With more than 25 years of experience in marketing, strategy and business analytics, Mr. Brassel most recently served as Senior Vice President, Marketing and Business Analytics at DirecTV, managing all aspects of subscriber analytics and audience measurement. He has also held various marketing and analytics roles with Brierly+Partners, Omnicom, H.J. Heinz Company and R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company.
Mr. Brassel is a graduate of Duke University, where he earned both an MBA and B.A. in Psychology. He and his partner have relocated from Los Angeles to Philadelphia.About Comcast Cable: Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV