"We are also excited to introduce our new "fast" beta weighting within the thinkorswim platform to complement the traditional beta weighting calculation," Sherrod explains. "The calculation of fast beta uses one year of pricing data for the weighting symbol.This calculation is mathematically weighted such that more recent pricing behavior has a greater impact on the calculation than older pricing data. For example, NFLX has a traditional beta weighting of 0.77, while the fast beta weighting is 2.3. Momentum traders and long-term investors are really receptive of this new metric as a means of screening stocks."
TDAmeritrade can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/TDAmeritrade
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV