Say "I Do" To Engaging Appetizers Before Wedding Vows
CHICAGO, Sept. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Weddings and engagement parties go hand in hand with festive fare. Kick off the celebration – while being mindful of the bride and groom's waistlines – with CanolaInfo's "Engaging Appetizers" recipe collection. These elegant, portion-controlled marry health and flavor – what a match!
"Couples attend so many parties leading up to the big day and it can be a challenge to eat healthfully," says Ellie Krieger, M.S., R.D., host of the Cooking Channel's "Healthy Appetite," who developed the recipes. "Traditional appetizers are often heavy and loaded with unhealthy fats, but these dishes taste great and leave you feeling good, too."
Krieger's recipes pop with end-of-summer vegetables and fresh herbs such as roasted red peppers and basil leaves wrapped in grilled zucchini or pesto made with handfuls of fresh mint. To cut saturated fat, Krieger also swaps in better-for-you ingredients, such as canola oil, canola mayonnaise and nonfat Greek yogurt, for other oils and sauces. Healthier cooking methods like sauteing in place of deep-frying vow to stave off extra calories.
"These recipes show how easy it is to prepare truly delectable dishes that are 'wedded' to nutrition," says Krieger. "Canola oil keeps saturated fat in check and lets all the bright flavors shine through. Fresh vegetables showcase the vibrant colors of nature while chicken, shellfish and beef offer variety in tastes and textures."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV