WATERLOO, Ontario, Sept. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), the global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced that it has been named a leader across multiple categories in Computer-Based Fax Markets, 2012-2017, a recent report published by leading fax industry analyst firm, Davidson Consulting. Recognized as the #1 provider of fax servers, the #1 FoIP supplier and the #1 production fax server supplier, OpenText continues to strengthen its position as the market leader in messaging services, while moving to the forefront of the rapidly emerging hybrid faxing market forecasted to "more than double in size by 2017." 1 In November 2012, Davidson Consulting also listed OpenText as the #1 provider of Enterprise Fax Service. 2
"Our latest report reveals a number of important factors that vendors must heed in regard to fax service software. While FoIP, production fax, multifunction peripherals (MFPs), unified messaging, and portable faxing make the list, we anticipate that hybrid faxing will come to dominate the market in the near future," said Peter Davidson, president, Davidson Consulting. "As the overall leader in 2012, OpenText has built a solid foundation for success in the hybrid faxing market by consistently securing leadership status in key market segments."
Hybrid faxing, dubbed by Davidson Consulting as the "hottest part of the computer fax market," 3 combines systems of fax servers and hosted fax services 4 and is becoming a highly attractive approach as more organizations are seeking to move to the cloud to increase efficiency and cost effectiveness in their fax communications. Businesses operating in the cloud can take advantage of faster deployments of solutions that solve real problems without having to manage capacity constraints inherent with most on-premises deployments.
"We are thrilled that Davidson Consulting continues to identify OpenText as a leader in the fax market as it supports our goal in providing world leading messaging services that are comprehensive, compelling, and open. Our customers benefit from extensive deployment options, strong economics, and highly flexible solutions that can integrate seamlessly into their enterprise processes," said Gary Weiss, senior vice president, information exchange and cloud, OpenText. "Understanding that hybrid faxing is not just a trend to watch, but one to lead, we've combined the power and integration of OpenText's on-premises fax server, RightFax , with the flexibility and cost efficiency of OpenText's cloud-based fax service, EasyLink , to bring our customers the ultimate hybrid solution - RightFax Connect ."OpenText RightFax Connect helps organizations:
- Save time and money – IT resources traditionally allocated to configuration, troubleshooting, and telephony management with RightFax fax server can be put towards other departmental needs. RightFax Connect also removes the need for a telephone infrastructure, eliminating typical faxing expenses such as telephone lines, fax boards, fax gateways and maintenance contracts, which can provide instant scalability and speedy deployment.
- Keep faxes secure, private and traceable – RightFax Connect supports a number of secure communication protocols including VPN, IPSec, TLS/SSL, and HTTPS to help ensure data is protected, while at rest and in transit, and adheres to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Control content – With an on-premises server, RightFax customers are in charge of their data and the location of the fax server where that data resides. This is important as data sovereignty holds that enterprise information is subject to the laws of the country where it physically resides - laws that may define who has access to (and even ownership of) that information.
- Read the blog of Mark Barrenechea, OpenText's CEO
- OpenText EIM Resource Center offers the latest customer videos, whitepapers and more
- Register to attend OpenText Enterprise World 2013 in Orlando, Florida, November 17-21
- Connect with OpenText:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts