CSC today announced the release of its annual corporate responsibility (CR) report, detailing the Company’s social and environmental sustainability achievements in Fiscal Year 2013. CSC focuses its CR efforts in five areas: Environment, Clients, Employees, Community, and Governance. Results include:
Environment: The Company’s targeted program to reduce energy usage and emissions at its data centers and facilities achieved a 43,000 ton or 13% reduction of Scope 1 (Direct) and Scope 2 (Indirect) CO2e emissions over the year. This reduction is equivalent to the annual emissions of 9,000 passenger vehicles. CSC has committed to further reducing emissions and costs by setting global 3-year energy reduction targets of 10% across its entire real-estate portfolio.
With ISO 14001 certification already in place in eleven data centers across the UK, Australia, Denmark, Spain, and Luxembourg, CSC plans to certify seven additional data centers in the coming two years. ISO 14001 addresses continual improvement in environmental management. In the UK and Australia alone, the ISO 14001 certifications enabled the achievement of energy reduction targets of 30% and 25%, respectively.
Through aggressive initiatives to extend asset life and conserve raw materials, CSC recycled over 1,200 tons of e-waste globally, and reused 38% of its e-waste in the U.S.Clients: The Company supported client sustainability, risk-mitigation and transparency goals through three innovative next generation offerings:
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing: CSC worked with a client to virtualize servers and implement advanced management technologies across 13 laboratories. The effort reduced servers by more than 60% and is saving the client an estimated $394,000 (U.S.) per year in energy costs.
- Big Data and Analytics: CSC provided several U.S. government agencies with the high-performance computing expertise, technology and services they need to gather, manage, and interpret large quantities of climate data.
- Cyber Security: In a first for the healthcare industry, CSC applied a defense industry security solution to a major healthcare system. The solution protects health data from being stolen or compromised through classification and encryption.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts