QUITO, Ecuador and PARIS, Sept. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU), and Corporacion Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CNT) deploy the first 4G LTE high-speed mobile broadband network in Ecuador Covering the cities of Guayaquil, Cuenca, Machala and Loja, as well as most of the major cities in Ecuador's Pacific Coast and Southern area.
The new network will provide the increased capacity of high-speed mobile broadband to enable a range of services and application over mobile devices at download speeds of up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 40 Mbps. These speeds will enable CNT to offer enhanced fixed, mobile and convergent services, such as high definition video streaming to a wide range of customers in Ecuador.
- CNT is deploying Alcatel-Lucent's 4G LTE solution to provide ultra-bandwidth connectivity to cities of Guayaquil, Cuenca, Machala and Loja, as well as most of the major cities in Ecuador´s Pacific Coast and Southern area without any disruption to the existing 2G and 3G services.
- First 4G LTE network in Ecuador, will deliver speeds of up to 100 Mbps to enable advanced services and applications in financial, industrial and residential areas with high concentration of users, and to provide public access for academic and recreational centers.
- CNT deploys Alcatel-Lucent's 4G LTE base stations and the 5620 Service Aware Manager (5620 SAM).
- Agreement follows successful trial in Amazonas and Estadio areas of Quito conducted earlier this year by Alcatel-Lucent and CNT.
- 4G LTE coverage to be extended into rural areas of Ecuador previously unserved or underserved with high-speed broadband.
- CNT uses Alcatel-Lucent's 4G LTE solution to develop plans that will improve network data capacity services and to expand national coverage, including bringing new service, such a HD video, advanced online games, telepresence, e-learning, and public safety.
- Alcatel-Lucent has established a strong global leadership position in 4G LTE with more than 40 contracts for commercial deployments, including two of the largest 4G LTE network roll-outs to date, with two more in process and more than 40 trials worldwide.
Quotes:Cesar Regalado, general manager, CNT said: "CNT demonstrates its leadership in deploying 4G LTE, as well as integrating fixed, mobile and convergent services. CNT is committed to increasingly improve its coverage and the quality of connectivity, offering the highest standards of service, investing in new technology platforms and extending its telecommunications networks. Bringing high-speed mobile broadband to its customers is part of that commitment." Carlos Pena, Andean region leader, Alcatel-Lucent said: "Our agreement with CNT is a prime example of how Alcatel-Lucent's solutions address our customer needs. CNT trusted us to enable them to be the first service provider in Ecuador to offer 4G LTE service, providing ultra-broadband connectivity and a wide range of applications throughout the country and particularly in underserved and unserved areas." About CNT Corporacion Nacional de Telecomunicaciones, CNT S.A. was born in October 30, 2008, as a result of the merger of the now disappeared Andinatel S.A. and Pacifictel S.A. After more than one year, on January 14, 2010, CNT S.A. became a public company. On July 30, 2010 the company officially merged with mobile operator Telecsa (Alegro). Today, CNT is the leading telecommunications provider in Ecuador, offering both fixed and mobile telephony and Internet services, as well as pay TV. If you would like to know more information about the company, please visit: www.cnt.gob.ec Additional resources :
- 4G LTE: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/solutions/4g-lte
- lightRadio - Evolve your wireless broadband network: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/solutions/lightradio
- Wireless IP for Mobile Broadband Internet page - Rise above the data storm: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/solutions/wireless-ip