Liberty Interactive Corporation ("Liberty Interactive") (Nasdaq: LINTA, LINTB, LVNTA, LVNTB) today announced the 2014 Women's eCommerce Network (W eCN), a unique program that pairs established women business leaders and executives (the Council) with five early stage eCommerce companies (the Class) for a six month mentorship period.
The 2014 program commences with an Opening Summit in Silicon Valley, where each Class member is paired with two Council members who will counsel her through a targeted, business-enhancing project. The six month mentorship period then culminates in April with a Closing Summit hosted by Liberty Interactive.
The W eCN provides exposure to best practices and emerging trends, as well as networking opportunities with the broader Council through the Summits and an established Alumni network. The objective of the W eCN is to establish business relationships that will enhance the opportunities for long-term business success and create a foundation for support that ensures the next generation of women business leaders and executives.
“We are pleased to support the W eCN,” said Greg Maffei, Liberty Interactive, President and CEO. “Now in its third year, this growing network has attracted an impressive group of female digital commerce executives – both as mentors and class members. The WeCN has become a powerful tool for founders of young eCommerce businesses with real promise.”The W eCN 2014 Council is comprised of distinguished business leaders, entrepreneurs and investors from leading brands and companies. Many served as mentors in 2011 and 2012 and are returning again for the third year. The Council members are:
- Nanon de Gaspé Beaubien-Mattrick, President & Founder, Beehive Holdings
- Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, Founder & CEO, Joyus.com
- Susan Feldman, Co-Founder & Chief Merchandising Officer, One Kings Lane
- Theresia Gouw, Partner, Accel Partners
- Divya Gugnani, Founder, Send the Trend (a QVC Subsidiary)
- Jill Layfield, CEO, Backcountry.com
- Dawn Lepore, former Chairman & CEO, drugstore.com
- Barbara Messing, Chief Marketing Officer, TripAdvisor
- Alison Pincus, Co-Founder & Chief Partnership Officer, One Kings Lane
- Jana Rich, Managing Director, Russell Reynolds Associates
- Alexandra Wilkis Wilson, Founder & Chief Merchandising Officer, Gilt Groupe
- Ruzwana Bashir, Co-Founder & CEO, Peek
- Katina Mountanos & Liz Whitman, Co-Founders, Manicube
- Sonia Nagar, Co-Founder & CEO, Pickie
- Christy Prunier, Founder & CEO, Willa
- Jill Sherman, Co-Founder & CEO, Modalyst