Providing expert consulting advice for a literacy program, support for multiple sclerosis, guidance to a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) effort, and assistance to an environmental program were among the eight projects executed by senior Booz Allen Hamilton (NYSE:BAH) leader volunteers as part of the firm 2013 Senior Leadership Excellence program.
The volunteer work was part of an innovative program offered to top-performing Senior Associates that fully integrates professional development with community outreach. The Leadership Excellence for Senior Associates Program, now in its second year, matches teams of top Booz Allen employees with national and regional nonprofits in need of strategic guidance.
Since 2012, 17 nonprofits have been selected to participate in the Leadership Excellence Program, receiving strategic consulting services from Booz Allen employee volunteers that could generally cost the organizations at least $150,000 or more. The work, coordinated by Booz Allen’s partner, COMPASS, is donated to the nonprofits by the employees themselves, all of whom remain fully engaged in their work for the firm while spending their after-hours time on the nonprofit projects.
“The Leadership Excellence Program, with its focus on community outreach, offers a triple win for our employees, the nonprofits selected to participate, and the firm,” said Executive Vice President Betty Thompson, the firm’s Chief Personnel Officer. “Our top-performing employees are offered a unique opportunity to put their leadership and management consulting skills to work to effect positive change in our community. The nonprofits benefit from the work of the firm’s top talent, who help create a renewed strategic vision to our nonprofit partners. And the firm is strengthened by the new skills and exposure gained by our top-talent leaders.”This year, seventy Senior Associates formed teams of eight – each guided by a “Champion” member of the firm’s leadership team – to deliver strategic solutions to the following nonprofit partners:
- Barbara Bush Foundation for Literacy
- Bob Woodruff Foundation
- Howard University School of Communication
- National Capital Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Playworks DC
- The Smithsonian Associates
- University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Virginia FIRST
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV