The U.S. Army has awarded Exelis (NYSE: XLS) Foreign Military Sales orders totaling $9 million to supply Canada with night vision devices and image intensifier tubes. Night vision goggles and the associated image intensifier tubes that comprise them are both high-performance, lightweight and reliable devices that provide significantly enhanced low light resolution for target recognition and identification.
“Exelis remains committed to serving our international customers with unmatched Generation 3 night vision technology that allows for improved mission success,” said Nick Bobay, president of the Exelis Night Vision & Tactical Communications Systems division. “This order further enhances our long-standing relationship with Canada as a night vision customer.”
These rugged devices can be hand-held, head- and helmet-mounted, or combined with a separate camera, depending upon product type and operational environment. The Exelis Generation 3 system provides the world’s highest-performing image intensifier tubes, which improve image resolution under low-light conditions.
About ExelisExelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in critical networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare, navigation, sensors, air traffic solutions, communications and information systems and have strong positions in composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 19,000 people and generated 2012 sales of $5.5 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV