Trump's New Luxury Hotel in Washington
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Donald Trump explained at a press conference that I attended on Tuesday how he will turn Washington's historic Old Post Office Pavilion into a luxury hotel.
Trump plans to preserve the building's nine-story atrium and transform 3,500 square feet into meeting spaces and 39,000 square feet into ballroom space. The hotel will have 270 guest hotel rooms that average 600 square feet, with 16-foot ceilings, soaring windows, rich oak trim and crystal chandeliers.
Trump has a ground and building lease for the property. He is paying the U.S. government, which owns the property, $250,000 a month to lease it. Construction of the hotel is beginning now and is scheduled to end in 2015.
The cost for Trump's venture in Washington is estimated to be about $200 million. That excludes the long-term ground and building lease and the $100 million of tax revenue that Washington will collect over 10 years.The project should create 700 construction positions and 300 permanent jobs. Follow @swan_investor This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV