Trade-Ideas: UMB Financial Corporation (UMBF) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- UMBF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.0 million.
- UMBF traded 17,875 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:08 AM, representing 10.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UMBF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UMBF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UMBF: UMB Financial Corporation, through its subsidiaries, offers various banking and other financial services in the United States. The company operates through four segments: Bank, Payment Solutions, Institutional Investment Management, and Asset Servicing. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. UMBF has a PE ratio of 20.6. Currently there are no analysts that rate UMB Financial Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for UMB Financial Corporation has been 127,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. UMB Financial has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 5.6% with 11.04 days to cover. Shares are up 30.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates UMB Financial Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UMBF's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for UMB FINANCIAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 95.55%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.97% is above that of the industry average.
- UMB FINANCIAL CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UMB FINANCIAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.03 versus $2.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.13 versus $3.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $29.17 million to $29.93 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $86.58 million or 1.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, UMB FINANCIAL CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 26.96%.
- You can view the full UMB Financial Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV