Trade-Ideas: General Motors (GM) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- GM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $476.1 million.
- GM traded 1.5 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:09 AM, representing 11.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GM: General Motors Company (GM) designs, manufactures, and markets cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. GM has a PE ratio of 12.9. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate General Motors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for General Motors has been 12.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. General has a market cap of $50.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.69 and a short float of 8.4% with 6.22 days to cover. Shares are up 26.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates General Motors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, GM's share price has jumped by 66.95%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $4,893.00 million or 24.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GENERAL MOTORS CO has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 18.24%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.70, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.82 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV