8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT), provider of innovative cloud communications solutions, today announced that it has been awarded a new patent related to its communications technologies. On September 10, 2013, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issued United States Patent number 8,532,090 entitled “Distributed Local Telephony Gateway.”
Aspects of 8x8’s invention are directed to a telephony system that is adapted to receive, route, process, and deliver communications data using a cost-effective, user-friendly operations platform and a broadband communication network. For example, the system includes a computer server arrangement and a plurality of endpoint devices communicatively coupled to one or more communication channels comprising an Internet protocol (IP) network. Packet-based (VoIP) calls are transmitted over an IP network, and translated to standard PSTN call signals when necessary.
To date, 8x8 has been awarded ninety-one (91) United States patents covering a variety of voice and video communications, signaling, processing and storage technologies. 8x8 Chairman and Chief Technology Officer, Bryan Martin, is a named inventor on the newly issued patent.
About 8x8, Inc.8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT) empowers business conversations for more than 33,000 businesses with cloud communications services that include hosted PBX telephony, unified communications, call center software and video conferencing solutions. The company has been delivering business communications services since 2004 and has garnered a reputation for technical excellence and outstanding reliability. In 2012, 8x8 was named a market "leader" in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) in North America and was recognized as the No. 1 Provider of Hosted IP Telephony by Frost & Sullivan and Synergy Research Group. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or connect with 8x8 on Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV