SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform ( http://www.salesforce.com/), announced today that Anthony Fernicola has joined the company as President, Global Enterprise Sales. Reporting to Keith Block, Fernicola will be responsible for bringing the power of Salesforce to the world's largest organizations.
Comments on the News
- "Tony is widely regarded as one of the top sales leaders in the software industry and has an exceptional track record of success helping some of the world's largest companies transform," said Keith Block, president and vice chairman, salesforce.com. "His leadership positions salesforce.com like never before to penetrate deeper into the enterprise market."
- "The shift to social and mobile cloud computing is one of the largest transformations in the history of software and every company is looking to salesforce.com as their platform for innovation," said Anthony Fernicola, president, Global Enterprise Sales, salesforce.com. "I'm excited to join salesforce.com and help customers become customer companies so they can deliver innovation, growth and success."
Background on Anthony Fernicola
- Fernicola has a 35-year track record building high-performance teams that deliver customer success.
- Prior to joining salesforce.com, Fernicola served as Senior Vice President at Oracle, where he grew the North America Technology Organization (NATO) into one of the company's largest revenue-generating business groups.
- During his 17-year career at Oracle, Fernicola was widely recognized for leading key transformational initiatives for the company's technology license business, engineered systems business and financial services business. In addition to leading Oracle's NATO group, he served in various other leadership roles, including Senior Vice President of Strategic Accounts, General Manager and Senior Vice President of the Financial Services Licensing and Consulting Services Business and Group Vice President for Oracle's Financial Services Business Unit in North America.
- Fernicola began his career at Unisys, where he spent 16 years in various leadership roles in sales and product management serving the financial services industry.
- Fernicola holds a M.B.A. in Computer Science and a B.S. in Marketing and Economics from Manhattan College.