HEILBRONN, Germany, Sept. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Atmel ® Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML), a global leader in microcontroller and touch technology solutions, today announced the availability of a new family of low-power, high-performance RF receivers designed specifically for the automotive and smart RF markets.
With the industry's lowest power consumption, high sensitivity and excellent out-of-band blocking performance, the three new devices (ATA5781, ATA5782 and ATA5783) are ideal for automotive applications including remote keyless entry (RKE), passive entry go (PEG)/ passive entry passive start (PEPS), remote start (RS) and tire pressure monitoring (TPMS) systems. This new RF family is also a perfect fit for a broad range of smart RF applications including remote control systems such as garage door openers or telemetering applications.
The ATA5781, ATA5782, and ATA5783 family consumes only 9.8mA typical in receive mode whereas the power consumption of competing devices is 12mA typical. This reduced drain will leave more charge in the battery leading to longer standby times when the car is stopped with the receiver enabled. The parts feature an excellent sensitivity of -122.5dBm typical when programming the IFBW (intermediate frequency bandwidth) to its lowest value of 25kHz. This enables an extended RF communication range.RF blocking performance rates the receiver's immunity to disturbers. These disturbers are frequently present in the field. The outstanding blocking performance of the ATA578x family significantly reduces power-robbing false wake-ups. It also prevents RF range reduction and communication failure caused by RF disturbers. The new devices provide dual paths for simultaneous FSK and ASK reception and superior flexibility by combining RF functionality, an advanced state machine, and an Atmel AVR® microcontroller core. Customers can configure up to five services including RKE, RS, PEPS, and TPMS on the fly in idle mode via SPI (serial peripheral interface). This makes end-of-line programming at the customer production site no longer necessary and thus helps to save production time and cost. The dual path reception and flexibility lets customers adapt receiver behavior to individual applications. Customers can optimize power consumption since they can adapt the polling scheme as needed. If customer-specific adaptations are required, designers can add the existing firmware via Flash (ATA5782) or user ROM (ATA5783). The new RF receiver family includes:
- ATA5781: Ready-to-use RF receiver IC with integrated firmware
- ATA5782: Firmware is included in read-only memory (ROM). Additional Flash option for application-specific software needs.
- ATA5783: Cost-optimized version of ATA5782, where customer software is ROM masked
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV