- Resume was submitted from a person the company just fired
- Resume's "Skills" section was spelled "Skelze"
- Resume listed the candidate's objective as "To work for someone who is not an alcoholic with three DUI's like my current employer"
- Resume included language typically seen in text messages (e.g., no capitalization and use of shortcuts like "u")
- Resume consisted of one sentence: "Hire me, I'm awesome"
- Resume listed the candidate's online video gaming experience leading warrior "clans," suggesting this passed for leadership experience
- Resume included pictures of the candidate from baby photos to adulthood
- Resume was written in Klingon language from Star Trek
- Resume was a music video
- Resume didn't include the candidate's name
- On the job application, where it asks for your job title with a previous employer, the applicant wrote "Mr."
- Resume included time spent in jail for assaulting a former boss
CareerBuilder Releases Study Of Common And Not-So-Common Resume Mistakes That Can Cost You The Job
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts